The routines on Sunday's are a little relaxed. We usually don't get to the office until noon. So today I rolled out of bed at 0800. Stepped out of the tent to use the port-a potty. I know probably more than you need to know, but I am painting a picture. Plus it was only number 1 so don't get offended. Wait until I talk about using the port-a-potty fro number 2 this summer on a 120 degree day at noon time, then get offended. So I am rolling out of bed with plans of running with my Master Sergeant or "Top" at 0930. He is old(er) and likes to sleep in on Sundays, he actually runs every other morning at 0500 so I let him. So I actually get back in bed and do a little reading. I am reading "Men of Kent". I was about to attach a link to Amazon, but the folks here have blocked Amazon. Not sure why, the block the normal social network sites, media download sites (Youtube, CBS,..) but Amazon? Being a LtCol now I should look into it, maybe next week. So I am reading "Men of Kent" which is proving to a be great, probably great because it is about rowing and Kent and I rowed at Kent. Makes me think about maybe seeing if Tristan would like to try it. Next spring perhaps. Oh, I could even coach??? So I read for about an hour, get dressed, do some stretching and we are off.
We run for about a half hour and finish at the gym. We work on our guns for another half hour and then back to the tents. After the S, S and S we get to the chow hall at 1145. Then we are at the office by 1215, a little late but the boss is off on a trip and when you are in charge you are never late. The day was the usual answering RFIs - Requests For Information, putting out fires (we needed to get an escort for a provincial minister for a Marine Helo ride, LNs-Local Nationals can't fly by themselves) build briefs (details on a road we want paved that needs to go before the division Road and Bridges WG - Working Group) and writing daily SitReps - Situation Reports. Including a run to dinner and a little chat with the RCT-8 XO Regimental Combat Team - 8 Executive Officer I finished at about 2230. Writing the blog and will finish it of with some movie watching. I was watching battlestar galactica, but that has disappeared off the shared drive (working to find it) so i started in on the Bond Series that they have the complete set. I finished 1953 Casino Royale last night and going to grab 30min of Live and Let Die tonight. And that is Sunday.
Tomorrow is the Persian New Year and while there is a little party in town, I am sending some of my Marines and staying back to attend the CMO WG - Civil Military Operations WG. Yeah me!
1 comment:
Glad you like Men of Kent! Casino Royale was the first Bond book so if you like the movie, see if you can find the book- Its way better. I enjoy hearing of your day to day life and your take on command. "When you are in charge, you are never late!" :):):) You sound like a graduate of the Jilson school of management.
Post a Comment