I am off to Kabul for attend a Agriculture Development Conference. It is only a day and a half, but I will gone for a week. They have odd flying rules out here, like they only fly out of the base I am at every other day and there is only a flight to Kabul from the larger base twice a week. It should be a pretty good get away.
I have left the base since my last set of pictures. The detachment commander is going and he likes to take the trips. I am going to the conference because he is already scheduled to go an a different trip. The woes of being second in charge.
Life around the base is pretty routine now. I usually get up at 6am and at the chow line by 7am. Working at the desk by 8am. The day is filled with answering e-mails, attending working group meetings and developing briefs and reports. Not too much different that work at BAH. I usually stay to midnight and stop working at 11pm to watch a movie for a bit.
There are other opportunities to get out, but there are other fobits like me here so I try to push them out so they get the change of scenery.
Got my camera ready for the trip and hopefully enjoy seeing the big city.
1 comment:
Safe trip....What's a fobit??
Post a Comment