Well, it is Wednesday night and I keep telling myself I am going to get use to this deployment thing...but I have not. I miss your smell, your voice, your tough...I am sure as time goes on this will get easier, but not sure when.
Ayden recently sent a hand written letter to Steve (Karen's friend) about getting better and drew a really cool motorcycle. Well, he wrote back; sending a actually photo of the bike and a DVD of a bike trip through Montana. As Steve is batteling cancer, he wrote Ayden a 2 page letter. As I read it to him, there were huge tears in his eyes. I asked why are you crying, "because he is a good person and is dying of cancer." "It just makes me sad." I cried with him.
Steve may have been unconventional in nature, but he thought of Ayden as his "little buddy." Ayden always thought that was cool.
All else is good. Tristan lost his phone tonight for beign a punk...figured I better start putting that honor roll kid in his place! LOL
Well, if you are reading this Erik, know I love you and pray for your safety.
With all my love; night my best friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment