Wednesday, February 09, 2011

It's official...Erik has left the USA...

Well, Erik has officially left the country and here we are; minus 1. Feels surreal, lonely, empty! Even though he has been at Lejeune NC since mid-October, it was still good to know he was in the good old USA! Work and raising 3 teenage boys must go on! I have been told by my USMC girlfriends that it gets easier. Thanks ladies for non-military friends, I love, but they don't really understand the whole concept.

I will probably post everyday if time permits, just to keep Erik informed and to put my thoughts down in writing.

Today did not start off real well...Devyn had school at 0900 and on his way ran out of gas. Thankfully he got the car off to the side of the road and I had to go get him and take him. Then Ayden had a physical at 1400. He was not happy, because he had to get 3 shots. Oh yeah, did I mention I had to work in between all of this. The day continues, back to pick Devyn up at school, get a gas can; fill that up; go back to his car out of the "not so nice" part of Fredericksburg. So now get the boys dinner, take Tristan to AAU practice, then take Ayden to his basketball game; go back and pick Tristan up. Now you are probably wondering, "why can't Devyn help?" Well, he is off doing volunteer work at the homeless shelter. He has been looking for a job but no one seems to be hiring, so we told him that we would put gas in his car if he found some volunteer work after school and on day's he doesn't have school. Tuesday's and Thursday's he is volunteering at our church.

Let's hope the other day's aren't so crazy! Or maybe that might be good, so the time goes by faster for all of us down here at 5 Baldwin Drive!

Until my next post.

1 comment:

Harry Jilson said...

Got a kick out of your story. It looks like you have your hands full.I thought you were in NJ this week. I've tried to Skype a couple of times but nobody on. :) If I don't connect later tonight we'll try again tomorrow. LOL running out of gas on your first day of school.......I thought I had heard every excuse for tardiness that ever was.....I missed that one! hojo