Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Empty Nest

Well this is the 1st of two weeks that we will be Empty Nesters this summer. The boys are in Butler PA at Grandmar and Papaps house (Wendy’s Parents). We drove Tristan and Ayden up there on Friday evening to join Devyn. We managed to go out to dinner at Pines Tavern and Restaurant. It was a very nice place a half hour north of Pittsburg. We left Sunday morning to drive home. We stopped by to see Lisa and then Grandma Brink on the way out of town. The boys will spend the 3rd week of August on the Cape with Grammy and Papa HoJo (My Parents).

Wendy and I do not have too many plans this week. We are both working and it leaves little time to really enjoy the boys being taken care of for a bit. We are hitting some movies, some dining out and may hit the Loft Thursday night for a little partying.

This is my last week of Active duty and I am trying to close up as many lose ends as possible. Things will be handled fine, but the process of getting things down that became second nature and stuck in my on paper is a bit of a task. I am sure I will think of things long after I have gone. Luckily I will be doing some reserve drilling out of my present office 2 days a month so all is not lost for them.

It has been over a week since I wrote last, and intend to write a bit more often, but with me being away last week, going to Butler and trying to get out of here it got away from me. On my last day in Colorado Springs I went to Pike’s Peak and hiked for about 4 hours. It was really nice to get into the mountains and the scenery was amazing. Then I went to visit old neighbors just south of Denver, Beth and Fred. Fred got out of active duty about 2 years ago, joined the reserves and got called back and spent some time in Iraq. They are doing well with their son Jack in a great house and neighborhood. Fred is done with active duty in Dec and has started to look for a job.

No comments: