Thursday, June 30, 2011

The last full month

The last full month here starts tomorrow. I should be back at the homestead in about 5 1/2 weeks give or take. All continues to go swimmingly. Life on the base continues to be pretty good. There was a pretty long line at the Mongolian Barbecue last week at the chow hall, but I managed to struggle through it. I am burning through the media shared drive, I am working 16 hours a day, but do steal one of those for some TV watching. Really liked watching the 6 episodes of Game of Thrones (HBO); must get those last 4 episodes when I get home. Just finished The Walking Dead first season, pretty good might catch the new season... Tristan has been raving about the Voice he is a little reality obsessed like me and I heard that Andrea has started the Road Rules/Real World challenge with out me.


Summer vacation is on for the boys. Devyn is working at McDonalds, I think he has something like the 5am to Noon shift. Things on that front are at a moderate to low level of frustration. Tristan spent a week up at Butler with Wendy's Parents and is now back and heading to a Duke Basketball camp next week. When that is done, Wendy is taking him on a business trip to NJ and then they will swing into NYC for a couple of nights. Ayden will be up at Wendy's Parents until around the 21st hangin out. He did a camp last week and will just be palling around with grandma and grandpa for a bit.

Trying on a scarf that one of our interpuruters bought for me after his vacation to Kabul


Wendy's did a nice job on the front of the house.













2 comments:

sross31310 said...

Exactly what do they serve at a Mongolian barbecue?

Harry Jilson said...

Same question I was going to ask but she beat me to it.I am anxiously awaiting the description! House looks great!