Ayden hand wrote the below out for a school project. Wendy and he then typed it up for the project. Very Cute.
Auto Biography of Ayden C. Jilson’s Life
I was born on 22 November 1999 in Monterey, CA hospital on a sunny, fall day. I got my middle name Cal, from being born in the state of California.
I lived there for about the first two years of my life. My dad stationed at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey. But before I was born, I was in my mom’s stomach on a base in North Carolina; called Camp LeJeune. My parents did a move called a “military move” where a Captain needs you somewhere and you have to move.
So when they moved to California, I was in my mom’s tummy when we were driving across country. When we got there, a few months later, I was born.
In California, we had four animals; two dogs and two cats. The dogs were two Great Danes. One of the Great Danes was a fawn and his name was Haus; the other was black and her name was Mattie. The cats were Jaguar and Beamer; just old pound cats.
In 2001, we did the “military move” once again to Virginia; travel this time across the country east. Once we moved there, my mom and dad found a daycare for me called Minnieland to go to while my parents worked. Then at the age of 4 I went to pre-school. When I was 4, I learned how to ride my bike with no training wheels and I was so proud of myself. At this time, we got a third dog, which my dad was not happy about, but he learned to love him. He was a English Mastiff, named Dexter.
Shortly thereafter, we had to put him to sleep as he was sick. His ashes are planted under the rose bush in my mom’s garden. He was the best dog!
In 2005, I went to Rocky Run Elementary School for kindergarten. This is where all the fun began as a Rocky Run Bulldog. During spring break of 2007 we drove down to Disney World in FL. It was amazing! We went on so many rides, like Ice Mountain. Then a week later, we decided to stay and go to Universal Studio. I was more amazing than Disney World.
Then at the age of 8, I went to my grandparent’s house for the summer. Then I had a bad, bloody injury. I was swinging on their porch swing and in mid-air fell off the swing and fell face first on the concrete and passed out. I had a concussion and was oozing blood out of my forehead.
Well, after that, my parents picked me up and we got a Saint Bernard named Cosmos in the mountains of PA. He was so funny and my best friend. He would chase the neighbor’s sprinkles and try to eat the water. He was so goofy. A few years later we got Ziggy, another Great Dane. About a year later, Mattie died of a tumor in her stomach. It was so sad to see so many of my dogs die. But when you have big dogs they don’t live very long due to their size.
It was 2009 when one of my oldest and best friends, Henrick from Minieland, just moved back from England. It was like we never missed a beat. He was still the same old Henrick and I was still the same Ayden. We were best friends. Later than year, he got some bad news that his mother was killed in Afghanistan by a very bad person. Little did me or my parents know she was high up in the CIA. We never knew what she did, but knew she was with the government. It was so sad to see my friend so upset. Going to the funeral was not a fun experience; one I will never forget.
Then in February 2011, my father was deployed to Afghanistan to fight. It was so sad to see my greatest hero go to war and take a risk of dying for our country. But he is okay right now and we all Skype him on Mondays at 9:30 pm. I love my dad so much and he is the best dad anyone could ask for; and oh, did I say I love him.
He sends us photos of him all the time; like this one of him holding a dog in one of the villages. Go Marines….OORRAH!
For the second year, I have had the same teacher, Mrs. Kordich. She is a strict teacher, but that is a good thing. She keeps me in line during the day. Being strict is not always a bad thing and I know this is really going to help me. She has been very patient with me as I have not always been easy to deal with. This eases things on my mom; so she doesn’t have so much on her shoulders. Me and my mom both appreciate this. I know this will pay off some day. I will never forget her and all that she has done for me and my family.
Well, this is where I am today, but life isn’t over yet. So I hope to more special things happen over the course of my life that I can write about…like my dad returning from war. Stay tuned all…there will be more to come in years to follow.
Ayden C. Jilson
5th Grade Rocky Run Elementary School
Mrs. Kordich
April 2011
2 comments:
Well done Ayden! I am happy to see we share "greatest heroes"- He is mine too!
Moved me to tears. What a bright little boy.
Post a Comment