Ayden lost a tooth on Sunday night. He had been pulling and tugging at it all weekend so it was a big deal to finally get it out. After the excitement died down a bit, he wanted to go upstairs and show Devyn. Devyn had already gone to bed so Ayden asked if it would be okay if he did not put the tooth under his pillow so that he could show Devyn the tooth in the morning. We thought that was cute. So the tooth fairy was rescheduled. It was a bit of a let down for Ayden in the morning when Devyn gave not much more than a head node when showed the tooth. With some minor attitude adjustment, Devyn went back and gave Ayden the appropriate amount of attention for a lost tooth. So the tooth fairy did come last night and he made sure he did not leave a gameland token or mistakenly include a franc like he (I mean her) has done before.
Wendy returned from England on Sat. night. I have put some of the pictures on the web site. Still need her to give me some captions, but they will be there soon.
I am going back into the Marines. Well, sort of. I have taken a 6 month active duty assignment to work at Quantico, Va in my old office supporting USMC Modeling and Simulation Policy work that I did in the past. Work at L-3 Titan was a bit slow after money for a contract I hoped to work on was taken away. We hope to win one or more of the three contracts we submitted bids for once they are awarded some time in October now. This created a bit of a lull at work. There was plenty of things to do and the management was very accommodating, but the chance to reduce 2 hours daily off of my commute, fulfill some of my reserve requirement and help out my old office made it the right choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment