Ah, I have been remiss in by blogging. We have some postings on Instagram, Snapchat
an occasional Youtube but just not here.
When you are posting to the other sights you forget or feel you don’t
need to blog it. So thought I would try
to kick it back with a weekly goings on.
Last weekend I had drill in JB MDL. At drill we had a company on the rifle range
so got to visit with them, we had folks taking the combat fitness test and
doing swim calls. Then Monday I worked
form home and Wendy and I took turns babysitting Alyanna while Devyn and Jenn
went to Kings Dominion for little fun.
The drama of the week was Ayden getting a flat tire. The drama was we seem to have lost to key for
the lugnuts. The car has one of those
special lugnuts on each tire that requires a key. Luckily he was near a Volvo dealer and they
let him borrow theirs (or I think someone went with him to unlock). Then we dropped it off a Merchant Tire near
us for new tire. (Note: we learned that if you have an all wheel
drive when you get one flat, you need to
get two new tires and with some AWD cars 4 new tires. Buyers beware.) We figured Merchant would have a key, they
don’t. Merchant ended up driving to the
Volvo dealer who unlocked the tires and Merchant put on all new lug nuts (as it
would take a week to order the correct locking lugnut) Merchant Tire rocks, they have hooked us
again and again. Probably a lot based on
personalities at our store, but that is now the only place we will go. (Another Note: I have never changed the oil in any of my
cars. Not proud of that, but not really
bothered by it either.)
I have been working in DC for about 6 months now. Most mornings I drive in and pick up slugs (learn
about slugs here: http://www.slug-lines.com/Slugging/Etiquette.asp). This morning I was a slug since Wendy is
coming up this afternoon so we can go to dinner with the Griffins (Curtis,
Cindy and kids). One of the reason I don’t
slug is because I usually get picked up in a honda civic. My knees were touching the dash board. I had some movies on my phone so it seemed
like a quick trip. I slugged to the
Pentagon and then Metro’ed to McPherson’s Square and then walked the 4 blocks
to my office.
Recently I have been running on Fri morning is DC and today
was Fri. So I got to my office and
changed over to PT cloths and went for a run.
Changed over as I slugged in work cloths as I did not want to seem to
creepy in PT cloths waiting in line with everyone else in suits. They opened a great new gym in the basement
of our building and as usual there is only one other person there, so not
crowed, clean and new. This morning I
ran to Georgetown water front and back.
My knees are bad so I am running only once a week and for about 5 miles
(with perhaps some walking). Driving
into DC in the mornings when it is cool and see everyone running on the mall
and on the streets was too alluring not to do it too. Tristan even came up with me one morning to
run. My last three runs are below, Jul 22, Jul 15 and Jun 24th.



No comments:
Post a Comment