Thursday, November 07, 2013

Maybe not so tough?

I probably should not tell you, but things are not so tough. I
actually just got back from a cookout that I was invited to by the
special forces who have a base within leatherneck. I guess they do it
every Thursday night, steaks and chicken on the grill, a big fire pit
to sit around, smoked my pipe and played some cornhole with one of the
British officers I work with. We also had a Marine Corps birthday
ceremony today that included some bagpipers from the British folks,
good stuff. I still do have to "go" in a porta potty and have to walk
out in the cold at night to pee If that paints a bleaker picture.

I am able also to still watch Amazing Race and Survivor on Armed
Forces Network, I think they run it 12hrs after the origional viewing
but staying current. Some guys go back to their room to watch movies,
I stay in the office and watch these shows. I am looking for anyone
who is getting recent version of Walking Dead, but no luck. Tristan
is trying to talk to me about it, but have to stop him. Will just
have to watch when I get back. Just the little things that you do to
break up the day which goes from about 7:30am until 10pm everyday.

No comments: