Thursday, November 03, 2011

Life

It is Wendy this time...Erik usually writes, posts and updates you all with the status of the Jilson family. Figured I would take some time and write.

Within the past 2 weeks Erik has lost his 100 year old Grandma, Gigi and today I lost my grandma Olive Brink. Grandma Brink was not a woman of wealth or education...she never got to travel, she never got to fly on a plane, she was a very old soul with a huge heart. She loved her boys, Larry and my Dad, Chuck; otherwise known to her at Butch...not sure where that came from, but that is what she called him. She loved her greatgrandsons very much too....they were the light in her life...then there is Erik...she called him the GENERAL. She loved him and he loved her very much.

I got up to Butler on Tuesday night and she knew I was there. As I was leaving, she opened her eyes and mouthed my name...I told her I loved her...she said, "love you too." So I am happy about that and know she is at peace.

So to Gigi and Grandma Brink we raise a glass to both....what great lives you both lived. Both will be missed.

1 comment:

Harry Jilson said...

We were saddened to learn of Grandma Brink's passing. She was a wonderful lady with quiet dignity. She had a marvelous sense of humor and we know she will be missed by her family. We hope you can find comfort in the amount of time you all had with her.