Monday, January 29, 2007

Weekend Update

We spent most of the weekend in Norfolk VA where the team Wendy coaches played at the Old Dominion University Arena. The team was asked by a Norfolk team to play them in the Arena. It was just a nice change to play on a nice college facility, do some team building and getting to know another team. The whole team and families stayed over night at a hotel on Sat and the girls went to the Arena the night before to do a shoot around/familiarization. The game was on Sunday Morning and they went early to watch the ODU Women's team warm up for their afternoon game. The game was great, but the girls lost a lead they had most of the game at the end. The group stayed and watched the women team later in the afternoon. The boys and I left early to get to Tristan's end of the season pizza party and then Ayden had a basketball game.

Last night I went to see a reggae band play at our neighbors bar. Wendy was going to go, but she laid down on the bed before we were getting ready and fell asleep. She had run pretty hard all weekend so I let her sleep. The band was great it was Pato Banton and the Mystic Roots band (www.myspace.com/patobanton). Pato Banton is a pretty famous reggae singer who I had seen at some Reggae Sun Splash concerts when I was in high school. The bar was expecting to get packed, but there was probably only 50 people there. Which was fine for those who were there. Hardly anyone was sitting and the band had great energy.

No comments: