Like the Movie "A Christmas Story" we had Chinese food on Christmas. Wendy and I were a bit under the weather on Christmas and with only us at our house, we went for Chinese. The kids were more than pleased with the notion. Having a place the delivers was nice too. Wendy's parents came into town on the day after Christmas and we made a big dinner then. They also took the boys back to Butler, PA for the week. Wendy and I have to work so they offered to watch the kids. We will go up on Friday for the New Years Weekend and bring them back. I believe they go back to school on Tuesday the 3rd.
Christmas Eve Wendy went to church with a neighbor and the boys and I stayed home and had a chance to wrap her presents. The boys were all sleeping by 9pm and Wendy and I were in bed by 1030 having things taken care of by the tree ;). The boys all slept in Devyn's room and were up by 6am. They ran down to check out things and then came up to get us. We convinced them to watch TV for a half hour so we could catch a little more sleep. By the time we got up the boys had most of the presents organized in piles by names are were waiting for the word go. We always use a one present at a time rule to let everyone catch up and not to loose things in the pile of wrapping paper. All the boys were pleased with their gifts. Ayden got a little grumpy towards the end of opening his presents and would not tell us why. Later we learned he upset he did not get a slushy making machine, that he had not told us he wanted. I then pulled out a slushy machine we had that we have used in a couple of months. He was relieved and when back to playing with his gifts.
I did not take as many pictures as I thought I did, but I did put up a couple.
I hope everyone got what they wanted for Christmas and had a good holiday.
No comments:
Post a Comment