Sunday, May 06, 2012

Diggin' and Doin'

What I am Diggin'

I was working hard at Marine Reserve Drill this weekend (alright doing some surfing on the net) and thinking about the blog post for this week.  Saw some cool stuff and thought I would do a post about things I am "Diggin and Doin' "

Doin':
(*Other than time with the family, front porch sitting with Wendy in the nice weather, work and work around the house*)

Lots of SIRIUS listening.  Listening to a lot of  Howard Stern and Jason Ellis on my SIRIUS radio. Great for DC area traffic.  The radio I have allows you to record the shows, so I bring them into the office to listen to as much of each of their 4 hour shows as I can.  I also record a lot of music from SIRIUS on the device, everything from reggae to metal to rap to....

Still trying to workout a lot.  I usually do a hybrid of "Crossfit" and "West Side Barbell" methods.  I am trying to keep up the running but a whole lot less than I use to, maybe just two days a week.  I am also watching a lot of the Crossfit Games.  These athletes are amazing.

Diggin'
Photos from Reuters or Boston.com
RVs from GMCCOOP
Video's from TED
Music - really diggin' Rebelution right now and Jack White's new stuff and always Tenacious D
TV - Reality TV (Survivor, Amazing Race, Ultimate Fighter) and Game of Thrones
Reading - Genghis Khan series by Conn Iggulden, I am in book 2.  Iggulden takes historically true facts and weaves them into a story.  I also read the first book in the Julius Caesar series "Emperor: The Gates of Rome".  Great stuff
Phone - I am rocking the old style with no data package, but due for an upgrade this month and planning on graduating to a smartphone.  Been holding off, but getting mail on my phone for work and the reserves will help out.  Reading kindle books or lots of PDFs from work and reserves needed.  Also surfing news articles or twitter or instagram is probably needed.  The Stern/Ellis shows do the tweeting and instagrams of what goes on in the studios and need more!!
Motorcycle - I have had an "M" on my license for 5 years and never got a motorcycle.  Well a buddy had one for $1000 so I got it.  It is a 2002 600 Honda Shadow and my learn how to ride bike.  I have not been too adventurous yet, but getting the feel of it on around the house and side roads.  I will take the training wheels off soon.

So that is what I have been Diggn' and Doin'.  Also viewing old photo albums on Picasa.  Old Photo Album HERE .  Makes you smile seeing the boys that young.

No comments: