Competed in the Civilian Military Combine the weekend (Link: Here). Note: if links don't work open in new window.
I competed with two other guys. My boy friend Don (as Wendy calls him because we hang out a lot, there was a year stretch where we worked out at base gyms or in our basement 4 times a week. I was also the best man at his first wedding - I was two hours late; got caught in a 4 hr traffic jam coming home from Pittsburgh). There was also Luis, who Don and I worked with for a while back in 2003-2005.
Great event, painful but fun. Don ended up getting 1st place in the Masters Division. I was about 10 min behind him. I am sure there will be official results that I will post to later.
Luis got a new movie camera that you can strap to your chest or in his case his camel back. The movies linked below.
Civilian Military Compound (CMC) Competition (21 April 2012)
The race was a workout "Pit" then a 7 mile race up and down a ski resort and then along a golf course (did get on the golf course this weekend Dad) and around and through a lake with obstacles along the way.
I am in the green shirt and gray shorts.
The PIT
You were allowed to do box jumps or step ups. I was spent already and went the step up route.
These are some long videos. Probably best to watch 10 seconds and then skip to the next minute.
The Course Part I (plenty of obstacles with a great uphill mud pit)
The Course Part II (river crossings and obstacles)
The Course Part III (underground tunnels, mud pits, and more obstacles)
The Team
The Award Ceremony
No comments:
Post a Comment