Thursday, September 01, 2011

Academy Visit

Tristan and I went to the Naval Academy yesterday for a visit. We met up with my roommate Carroll Connelley who is an instructor there now. Went to King hall for lunch and then went out with the plebe crew to watch practice. It was not a visit because I think Tristan would go the the Academy, but I wanted him to know it is out there. I also think Tristan might do well at crew and although there is really not any crew near us to join, you can start as a college freshmen. The Naval Academy might be unique as they had about 6 guys who were out on the water for there third practice in an eight, but you can start as a freshman especially if you are 6'5". I think yesterday was also my first time in a crew coaches launch watching practice. It was a lot of fun and a great day to be on the Severn River.



Yes this is Tristan and I standing side by side. In front of the boat house.





No comments: