Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tough Guy Weekend

I participated in my second tough guy weekend. It is basically a weekend full of events where one of them by themselves would have made for a productive weekend, all of them together make a tough weekend. The event had 20 guys finishing.



The events.

Saturday
Duathlon: Off-Road Duathlon Sport Race (5k run, 11k bike, 3k run). Richmond Va.
Canoe-athon: (6 mile bike, .5 mile canoe, 1 mile run)
Strong Man Competition: Medley, Overhead Log Press, & Keg Toss
Match-Up (Grappling Event)

Sunday
George Washington Parkway 10 miler
Biathlon: M-16/Run: Shot Prone, Run Mile, Shot Kneeling, Run mile, Shot Standing
Endurance Course: USMC obstacle course followed by a 6 mile obstacle/trail run.



Pictures from the Duathlon can be seen at:
http://www.brightroom.com/go.asp?52486926

Another recap of the weekend:

http://www.adventureblog.net/



.

1 comment:

Harry Jilson said...

Just went through all the photos. Couldn't find one of the "author" on the firing range. Hardly recognized him with the full beard! Did I detect a hint of grey on the lower chin?? I also saw that he had retained the sroke position on the canoe!Quite a weekend.