Wendy and I start two weeks without children. We dropped the boys off in Butler, PA at Wendy's parents house for two weeks. We drove up Saturday after we picked Devyn and Tristan up at camp. Ayden had been at home with us all week. He had been at a Creative Arts Camp in the Mornings last week which finished with a play. I will try to get some clips of that put up.
We drove up to get the boys on Saturday and left early to stop at an antique shop and winery that Wendy had seen on our many trips through northwestern Virginia on our way to Butler. Then we picked up the boys. They were dirty and smelly. Tristan, while had been swimming never made it into a shower and Devyn made it only once. I had also bought them a new toiletry bag and while unpacking Devyn's the tooth brush was still in its original packaging. But he assured me he used the little travel mouth was that came with the bag. Most of their stuff was also wet. They were asked to bring camp shoes, so Devyn took a really old pair of shoes that when we picked them up were missing laces and rigid with some string and one was missing half a sole.
They both seemed to have a really good time and got out of camp exactly what is expected with the new friends, fun adventures and some independence. While I sent them both with camera's no pictures were taken. Devyn is pumped to do it again, but Tristan is only slightly interested in doing it again. Devyn's favorite time was the rafting and Tristan's was the caving.
Being without children and not having to work would be one thing, but both Wendy and I have to work. We are going away to a B&B this weekend near the Shenandoah national forest. So that will provide the peace we seek.
1 comment:
It would have been nice to have had them take more pictures or keep a bit of a journel, but I remember I kept about 3 pages while at the Academy for a summer cruise so I guess I can give them a break.
If you liked the tooth brush check out Devyn's shoes on the August page of pictures.
Post a Comment